Creamy White Chicken Lasagna Roll Ups
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 2 cups boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded*
- 8 oz. shredded Mozzarella cheese, divided (2 cups)
- 1 oz. finely shredded Parmesan cheese (1/4 cup)
- 1 oz. finely shredded Romano cheese (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 (8 oz) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare lasagna noodles according to the directions listed on package, drain pasta and align noodles in a single layer on a large sheet of wax paper.
- In a mixing bowl toss together shredded chicken, 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, Romano cheese and 3 Tbsp fresh parsley, set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl using an electric hand mixer set on low speed, blend cream cheese until smooth, then mix in milk, dried basil, garlic powder, onion powder and season with salt and pepper to taste (I hardly used any salt and 1/2 tsp pepper). Pour half of the cream cheese mixture into the chicken mixture and toss to evenly coat, reserve remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Spread 1/3 cup of the chicken mixture into an even layer along the length of each cooked lasagna noodle then roll noodles to opposite end. Spread 1/4 cup of the remaining cream cheese mixture along the bottom of a 9 x 9-inch dish or along 2/3 of a 13 x 9-inch dish (I tried fitting it into an 8 x 8 and it just wasn’t going to happen so a 9 x 9 should work. I don’t own a 9 x 9 so I had to compromise and use a 13 x 9 and just use 2/3 of the dish). Align pasta snugly and side by side in baking dish – 3 rows of 3. Cover each lasagna roll evenly with remaining cream cheese mixture, being sure to cover tops of pasta entirely so they don’t dry while baking. Sprinkle tops evenly with remaining 1 cup Mozzarella cheese. Bake in preheated oven 25 – 30 minutes until heated through and cheese has melted. Sprinkle top evenly with remaining 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley. Serve warm.
- *I like to slow cook the chicken, it seems like the easiest method and always yields tender results. To cook, I poured 1 can low-sodium chicken broth over 2 medium chicken breasts in the slow cooker and cooked 6 hours, then removed and shredded into very small pieces.
- Recipe Source: adapted slightly from Kraft